We know there are times when things get crazy and you can barely even eat. If you’re anything like us, the feeling of wailing hunger can alter your mood just a tad. That’s why we love this quick and easy recipe from Martha Stewart, total prep and cook time is only 30 min! This cayenne rubbed chicken with avocado salsa makes for a great mid-day meal or simple dinner. Aside from its detoxing benefits, we love that cayenne helps rev up your metabolism and the chicken and avocado are packed with protein, so it’s great for making you feel full faster. Yes we know, avocados make amazing face masks, but let’s set a couple aside for dinner please!
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
1. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken, and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with salsa.